Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Diego Alves proud of Brazil recall


The Valencia goalkeeper was delighted to be included in Dunga's squad that will France and Paris in the Brasil Global Tour later this month
Valencia goalkeeper Diego Alves has revealed his pride at breaking into the Brazil squad.
The former Atletico Mineiro man earned a call-up for the Brasil Global Tour friendlies with Turkey and Austria in November, keeping a clean sheet as Brazil romped to a 4-0 victory in Istanbul.

And the 29-year-old is desperate to become a permanent fixture with the Selecao.
“Being called up by Brazil is always something to be proud of,” he told Goal.com Brasil.

“I was very happy to be included for the last friendlies. I trained very hard to earn trust the coaching staff. I tried to just enjoy this opportunity.

“Now I have to maintain my club form to remind them I should be included. We have a very good generation of goalkeepers, so there is huge competition. “

His inclusion last year presented his first opportunity to work under Brazil’s new goalkeeping coach Taffarel, who Diego Alves revealed was his childhood hero.

“I always admired the Taffarel, who was a reference to me during my childhood. Who can forget what he did in the final of World Cup 94 [when he saved Daniele Massaro’s spot-kick]?

“To save penalties you must train a lot. You have to study the attacker, listen to your scouts and be physically fit to have the athleticism to react in time to dive. “

Diego Alves will be part of the Brazil squad that will meet France in Paris on March 26 and Chile in London on March 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of 9jaRoutes blog or any employee