Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 March 2015

I want to stay for 30 years' - Inzaghi defiant as AC Milan pressure mounts

The 41-year-old remains hopeful of keeping his job as head coach despite his side's late collapse in the 2-1 defeat at Fiorentina.

'I want to stay for 30 years' - Inzaghi defiant as AC Milan pressure mounts

Under-pressure AC Milan coach Filippo Inzaghi is hopeful of keeping his job in the aftermath of Monday's 2-1 defeat at Fiorentina

Inzaghi saw his side take the lead through Mattia Destro early in the second half, as Milan looked set to bounce back from disappointing draws with Chievo and Verona.

However, substitute Joaquin supplied the assist for Gonzalo Rodriguez's equaliser before scoring the crucial second to bolster his side's European aspirations.

Milan, who would have leapfrogged rivals Inter with a win, are left with plenty of work to do to keep their own European hopes alive as the pressure mounts on Inzaghi.

But the club's former striker remains defiant, telling Sky Sport Italia: "I have a contract and will continue to work away quietly.

"There have been many difficulties, but after this game we can get back to playing good football. Here we saw my real Milan and we deserved to win.

"I hope to stay for a long time on the Milan bench. If they want to keep me, great, otherwise I will go on my way.
"I want to do this job for 30 years, hopefully. It is clear that Milan is a club that has given me so much and I hope to stay for as long as possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of 9jaRoutes blog or any employee