Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Liverpool defender Johnson reveals talks with overseas clubs


The full-back says there have been no talks about staying at Anfield but admits he is tempted by the idea of moving to a foreign club when his contract expires in the summer
Liverpool defender Glen Johnson has revealed he has held talks with foreign clubs as he prepares to leave Anfield at the end of the season.

The full-back is out of contract in the summer and will leave the Reds after having been told back in October to look for a new club.


However, Johnson admits the idea of moving abroad still appeals although he admits he is unsure where he will be playing his football next season.

"There's no update. There have been no talks," he told reporters. "At this point I have no idea [where I will be next season]. I haven't thought about it.

"I've got two months left here and we will see what happens after that. I'm just going to keep my head down and keep training.

"I do like the idea of going abroad.

"There have been talks. I'm still young and it would be great for the kids. But I'm not thinking about that at the moment. We will have to wait and see."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of 9jaRoutes blog or any employee