Search This Blog

Friday 6 March 2015

Multi-billion transfer fee frightened me - Ideye

Multi-billion transfer fee frightened me - Ideye.

Nigeria and West Bromwich Albion striker, Brown Ideye has admitted it took him a while to adapt to the English Premier League because of the hefty multi-billion naira (N3.3b) transfer fee paid on him by the club.

The Nigerian striker, 26, joined the Baggies from Ukraine’s Dynamo Kyiv for a club-record £10million in the summer but experienced difficulty in his first months at The Hawthorns.

Settled

However, Ideye has settled nicely into the second half of the season with four goals in his past six outings and believes his form is finally showing the doubters what he is truly capable.

- I took a lot of time to adapt, he admitted to the Daily Mail.
- I was overwhelmed that I am the record signing. I put a lot of pressure on myself. People are not patient.

Frustration

- The game doesn’t turn out the way I want, I become frustrated, I kept pushing when I was supposed to calm down. Things were going so fast.

- As for the social media, you can’t expect everyone to like you. They will say what they want. I don’t see what can shake me given what has happened before.

- It’s inspiration. They are pushing me to my success. I like people criticising me.

Dreams

- That one week when I scored four goals in six days turned out to be something I dreamt. I felt this day would come. Getting back to the Brown Ideye people know.

He concluded by saying it's the same people that condemn when things are bad, that will stand and praise you when thinmgs go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of 9jaRoutes blog or any employee