Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Navas: I want to oust Casillas as Real Madrid No.1

The goalkeeper has made it clear that he will not settle for a position on the bench and will continue to try to win over head coach Carlo Ancelotti.

Navas: I want to oust Casillas as Real Madrid No.1

Keylor Navas has stressed that he will do everything within his power to displace Iker Casillas as Real Madrid's first-choice goalkeeper.

The Costa Rica international, 28, joined Madrid from Levante ahead of the 2014-15 campaign, but he has so far been unable to win over head coach Carlo Ancelotti despite Casillas' inconsistent form.

Nevertheless, Navas remains determined to succeed at the Santiago Bernabeu side and will continue to give his all to become the club's No.1.

"I'm not somebody who just accepts his situation. I don't give up easily," Navas was quoted as saying by AS.
"I know the situation might not be what I wanted, but it's here that I need to bring out the best in myself, be stronger and commit myself completely like I have done up to now.

"It's not the first time I've been in this situation. I'm very relaxed, although it's true I want more.

"I know the path to follow to achieve results and I try to learn. I think that for me it's a privilege to be at Real Madrid and I try to show every day why they brought me to the club."

Navas has made eight appearances in all competitions for Madrid so far, keeping three clean sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of 9jaRoutes blog or any employee