Search This Blog

Monday 25 May 2015

Van Gaal: I know who I'll buy and sell

Van Gaal: I know who I'll buy and sell

The manager says the transfer process is already underway at Old Trafford and branded Marouane Fellaini "stupid" for his red card after 10 minutes against Hull City
Louis van Gaal says he already knows which players he must buy and sell in a potentially busy summer atManchester United.

The Red Devils, who had already sealed a fourth-placed finish in the Premier League, concluded the 2014-15 campaign with a 0-0 draw away to Hull City on Sunday.

United have already signed rising Netherlands star Memphis Depay from PSV and are expected to be active once again in the transfer market this summer as they look to mount a genuine title challenge next term.

And Van Gaal says he has already formulated plans to bolster his options for next season - as well as trim some of the dead wood from his squad.

"I have calls with every player I think I have to talk to, but the transfer period is a process," he told reporters at the KC Stadium. "I know which players have to go and which players have to come but you never know if they go or if they come because it is dependent on a lot of aspects."

Radamel Falcao was ruled out of the draw with Hull after picking up a knock in training this week but Van Gaal refused to be drawn on the Colombian's future beyond this term.

"Today we have to concentrate on this match and analysis of this match and not about decisions that we have made," he said. "You shall hear it at the proper time when Manchester United has to say something."

Hull failed to find a way past stand-in goalkeeper Victor Valdes on Sunday - despite Marouane Fellaini's red card for a shocking lunge on Paul McShane in the second half - and were relegated as a result of the draw.

And Van Gaal admits he is sad to see Steve Bruce's men drop into the Championship, while he branded Fellaini's challenge as "stupid".

"Very sad that a club like Hull City is relegated," he said. "I think everybody had seen it already before, this match was after all not so important but for us to play against a team that is fighting to the end, that is difficult. 

"We are fighting for a dream, thery are fighting for a rescue, and that you see. They were a little bit unlucky and also [Victor] Valdes has saved us with remarkable saves. A clean sheet, a lot of clean sheets we have achieved this season.

"Fellaini doesn't want to do that. For him, it is unbelievably stupid. Next season he starts on the tribune and also in preparation you start more or less as a substitute, so it is not so good for him personally. 

"But I don't know if that is a red card. I cannot see that from the bench but when I see it takes seven minutes, I believe, the player was not capable of standing up, it was a worst tackle.

"I'm ready [for the holidays], I go immediately. Last summer I didn't have any holidays, I go straight from Manchester, I am happy the holidays are starting for me."

Van Gaal added that Angel Di Maria will undergo tests on a hamstring problem which forced him off in the first half, though he believes the problem to be a minor one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of 9jaRoutes blog or any employee