Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Lateefat seeks N0.9m to walk again

By Gabriel Olawale
Mrs. Lateefat Bashiru on her sick bed.
Mrs. Lateefat Bashiru on her sick bed.
Lateefat Bashiru, a petty trader has been bedridden for several months as a result of a road accident in which she suffered severe limb fracture. It all began when she boarded a commercial bus on January 18, 2014, but got involved in the road mishap. Lucky to escape with her life, she has however, been unable to walk due to the injury she sustained.
Presently, Lateefat who hails from Ogun state and is the breadwinner for her family, requires corrective surgery but is unable to raise the required N904, 780 for the surgery. She has cried out to kind-hearted Nigerians for assistance. In a narration, she recalled: “I was conscious when the accident happened. I was on my way to Sango in Ogun State to visit my mother but the accident occurred around Iyana Ipaja.
I was rushed to a nearby hospital and later transferred to Aisha Hospital from where I was referred to National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi, for x-ray. I was told I had to undergo surgery to walk again.
“When I made enquiry about the cost, I was told to return, but my next appointment fell within the health workers’ strike. When the pain was much,  I visited some other places but the situation remains the same. After the strike, I went back to Igbobi, where I was given a bill of N904,780 for the surgery.”  A document signed by Dr. Taiwo Aofolajuwonlo revealed that Lateefat will require signature hip prosthesis, surgical pack, anaesthesia, physiotheraphy, drugs among others.
Appealing for support, Lateefat said she had sold all her tools.  “People of Nigeria should help me, I want to walk again and continue with my business. I was a fashion designer before the incident.”
If you are motivated to assist, kindly send your donation to GT Bank, Lateefat Bashiru, 0140674241 or contact 08025224425.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of 9jaRoutes blog or any employee