Search This Blog

Saturday 7 March 2015

Nasri: I want to play in MLS


The Frenchman has not ruled out the possibility of returning to boyhood club Marseille but admits a move across the Atlantic appeals more, though he has not decided which club
By Liam Twomey
Samir Nasri has revealed he would like to follow in the footsteps of Manchester City team-mate Frank Lampard by joining an MLS club one day.

The 27-year-old is in his seventh year in English football and has won two Premier League titles and a League Cup since joining City from Arsenal in the summer of 2011.

And while Nasri has not ruled out the possibility of returning to boyhood club Marseille, he admits he is more excited by the prospect of a move across the Atlantic.

“Marseille would be the only place that I’d like to play in France, but I think it’s not realistic," the Frenchman told Sport Magazine

"My dream is to play in the MLS maybe, because I love the lifestyle in America."

When pressed on which club he would like to join, Nasri replied: "Doesn’t matter – New York, LA – I want the big city. I would prefer the sun, but I’ll take whatever!"

New York City FC have close ties with Nasri's current club under the shared ownership of Abu Dhabi-run City Football Group, while LA Galaxy have an established tradition of signing former Premier League stars including David Beckham, Robbie Keane and most recently Steven Gerrard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of 9jaRoutes blog or any employee